Learning to be grateful
Learning to be grateful
How long has it been since you stopped to look at the flower that grows in your garden?
How long has it been since you are thankful for having it there?
For helping increase the oxygen level in the planet?
For brighten your garden with a little bit of colour?
How long has it been since you looked at were grateful for what you have, instead of complaining for all that you don’t have?
We have a tendency to complaint, complaint, and complaint of things that do not exist yet in our life.
However, it is rear the time that we stop, analyze, and be thankful for what already exists in it.
So today we are going to learn how to be grateful for everything that’s existing in our current reality. How to appreciate what we have instead of complaining on what we think we “should” or “expect” to have. Complaining about what we do not have, makes us feel down on ourselves and it bring a certain “ugly” vibe into our lives. It can make us feel like we are not enough and that we don’t have what it takes to succeed in life.
Now, let us say that instead of complaining, today I invite you to take 5 min sit down and think on what you are grateful for in your life. So, let’s do a quick exercise of list 10 things you are grateful for. I’ll do it with you, my list goes like this:
- I am grateful for my healthy body that allows me to exercise each morning
- I am grateful for my small apartment I live in
- I am grateful for my current job
- I am grateful for my lovely car
- I am grateful for the yoga practice I do every day
- I am grateful to life for allowing me to experience being completely independent from my parents
- I am grateful for having the best mom ever
- I am grateful for the curry chicken meal I had for lunch
- I am grateful for the bubblehead turtle I have on my desk at work. It brings me joy every time I see it move and shake its head.
- I am grateful for waking up this morning so I can kick ass another day!!
As you can see, you can be grateful for anything in your life. You can be grateful for your kids, for your belly, for the make up you put on this morning, for your shoes, for your computer, for your phone, for the grass, etc…
Being grateful is such a simple thing, yet so complicated for most people. People forget about this so often that they forget to live in the present. They are so worried about the “things” that are not here that they forget about how far they have come to be where they are now. You will noticed that by being grateful, your mood will switch and suddenly a feeling of fulfilment will cross your mind, and suddenly the filling of emptiness wont be there anymore.
By learning how to be grateful, you’ll learn to have more positive thoughts and your thoughts can become your reality.
I invite you today to thank and be grateful for the smallest things in your life. The things that you ignore but are what make you who you are today. Let me know how this affected your mood and how it made an impact in your life.
I hope this suggestion brings joy to your life. Till next time.